|12. Postmondernism in America
Donald Barthelme's "The Explanation."
Subjects of discussion to be presented in class:
Barthelme´s Literary Achievement.
Explanation: "A Large Black Square Floating Above Words"
All these bibliographical references can found at the
- On Postmnodern
- LeClair, Tom & Larry McCaffery. Anything Can
Happe: Interviews with Contemporary
Novelists. Urbana: U of Illinois P, 1983.
- Maltby, Paul. Dissident Postmodernists. Philadelphia:
U of Pennsylvania P, 1991.
- On Donald Barthelme:
- Couturier, Maurice, and Regis Durand. Donald Barthelme.
London: Methuen, 1982.
- Hicks, Jack. In the Singer's Temple. Chapel
Hill: Uof North Carolina P, 1981. 18-82.
- Molesworth, Charles. Donald Barthelme's Fiction.
Columbia: U of Missouri P, 1982.
- Stengel, Wayne B. The Shape of Art in the Short
Stories of Donald Barthelme. Baton
State UP, 1985.
Recommended Donald Barthleme web sites:
|This Web Site was created by and maintained by Manuel
Brito. This web page,
as well as all of its graphicsand pictures
were made by Manuel Brito. Said works
may not be reproduced in or on any form
of media, electronic, or otherwise
without the consent of the authors. This site
was created on September 17, 2020.
Copyright © 2020-2021. All rights