1. Modern American Literature:
2. Social Perception
and Human Nature: William Faulkner.
3. Allusive Methods and Dramatic
Monologues in Realism: Ernest Hemingway:
History in American Fiction: Langston Hughes.
5. Textuality and
Reality: Wallace Stevens.
The 1950s Realist Consciousness: Bernard Malamud.
7. Realism, Objectivism,
and Visualization: E.E. Cummings.
8. Social Urges
in Mid-century America: Flannery O'Connor.
9. Black Mountain Poetry: Charles Olson.
in America: Anne Sexton.
11. Beat Poetry:
12. New Social American
Drama: Edward Albee.
13. Post-Realism: Donald
Social Issues and in Recent American Poetry: Charles Bernstein.
|9. Black Mountain Poetry: Charles Olson..
- Charles Olson.Text: “Projective Verse,” and some excerpts
from The Maximus Poems
Subjects of discussion to be presented in class:
- Poetics in the Blackmountaineer Poets.
- Charles Olson's View of Topos and History..
All these bibliographical references can be found at
the ULL Central Library, Guajara Campus):
On Black Mountain Poetry:
- Dawson, Fielding. The Black Mountain Book.
Rocky Mount: Wesleyan College P, 1991.
- Foster, Edward Halsey. Understanding the Black
Mountain Poets. Columbia:
U of South Carolina P, 1995.
On Charles Olson:
- Clark, Tom. Charles Olson: The Allegory of a Poet's
Life. New York: W.W. Norton, 1991.
- Halden-Sullivan, Judith. The Topology of Being:The
Poetics of Charles Olson.
New York: Peter Lang, 1991.
- Rifkin, Libbie. Career Moves: Olson, Creeley,
Zukofsky, Berrigan, and the American
Avant-Garde. Madison: The U of Wisconsin P, 2000.
- Recomended websites for Charles Olson:
|This Web Site was created by and maintained by Manuel
Brito. This web page,
as well as all of its graphics and pictures
were made by Manuel Brito.
Said works may not be reproduced in or
on any form of media,
electronic, or otherwise without the consent
of the authors.
This site was created on September 17,
2020. Copyright © 2020-2021. All rights reserved.
clcik here for my