1. Modern American Literature
4. The Depression
Hedonism in the 1950s
and Realism in the 1950s
Black Mountain Poetry
9. The Beat
11. Late Twentieth-Century
Late Twentieth-Century Poetry
|4. The Depression Years: John
Text: Of Mice and Men.
Subjects of discussion to be presented in class:
- Imnmediacy and Human Experience
in John Steinbeck.
- Styles in Steinbeck's Work.
- Characters with no Commitmentto
Society and No Inhibitions.
- Nostalgia for the Primitive.
- The Stage-drama in Of
Mice and Men.
All these bibliographical references can be
found at the Universidad de La Laguna Central Library
- Gray, James. John Steinbeck. Minneapolis:
U of Minnesota P, 1971.
- Lippman, Bertram and Curtis L. Johnson. Of
Mice and Men: A Critical Commentary.
York: American R.D.M., 1964.
- Owens, Louis. John Steinbeck's Re-vision
of America. Athens: The U of Georgia P, 1985.
- Watt, F.W. Steinbeck. Edinburgh: Oliver
& Boyd, 1962.
Please, visit these sites for further information
on John Steinbeck:
|This Web Site was created by and maintained by
Manuel Brito. This web page, as well as all of its
graphics and pictures were made by Manuel
Brito. Said works may not be reproduced in or on any form
of media, electronic, or otherwise without
the consent of the authors. This site was created on September 7, 2018.
Copyright © 2021-2022. All rights reserved.
Please clcik here for my