1. Modern American Literature
The Depression Years
5. Chicago Renaissance
Cultural Hedonism in the 1950s
and Realism in the 1950s
9. The Beat Generation
10. Realism: American
Late Twentieth-Century Fiction
Late Twentieth-Century Poetry
|7. Psychological Writing in the
1950s: Katherine Anne Porter .
- Text: "Flowering Judas.".
Subjects of discussion to be presented in class:
- Psychology and Art in Katherine
- Frustration and Social Need
in Katherine Anne Porter.
- Social Sensiblity in "Flowering
All these bibliographical references
can be found at the Universidad de
La Laguna Central Library (Guajara Campus):
- Erdim, Esim. "The Ring or the Dove: The New
Woman in Katherine Anne Porter's
Women and War: The Changing Status of American Women from the
to the 1950s. New York: Berg, 1990. 51-68.
- Liberman, M.M. Katherine Anne Porter's
Fiction. Detroit: Wayne State UP, 1971.
- Page, Philip. "Katherine Anne Porter's Early
Stories: Successful Narrators and
Characters." The University of Mississippi Studies in English 11-12
- Plimpton, George. "Katherine Anne Porter." Writers
at Work: The Paris Review
Interviews. Middlesex: Penguin, 1977. 137-163.
Please, visit this site for further information on Katherine Anne Porter:
|This Web Site was created by and maintained by
Manuel Brito. This web page, as well as all of its graphics
and pictures were made by Manuel Brito.
Said works may not be reproduced in or on any form of media,
electronic, or otherwise without the consent
of the authors. This site was created on September 7, 2018.
Copyright © 2021-2022. All rights reserved.
Please clcik here for my