||DEPARTAMENTO DE FILOLOGÍA
Literatura Norteamericana: Realismo Social y Generación Beat
1 Social Perception and Human Nature.
2. Allusive Methods and Dramatic Realism.
4. Textuality and Social Issues.
5. The 1950s Consciousness in American Fiction.
6. Realism, Objectivism, and Visualization.
7. Social Urges and Spiritual World.
8. New Social Approach in the 1950s American Poetry.
9. Confessionalism and
10. Beat Poetry.
11. New Social American Drama.12. After the Beat Poetry: Some Social Concerns.
This course will take substantial account of the socio-cultural context in the 20th-century
U.S., and its impact on literature. It will focus on a wide-ranging variety of literary texts,
and use them to explore methods of writing and interpreting modern and contemporary
American society.Also an emphasis on the interrelation of language, social context,
and thought.Thirteen American writers will be particularly discussed. Lectures will set
the appropriate context in socio-cultural and literary histories.Along with it discussions
ntended to develop the student’s ability to read, understand, and analyze the proposed
texts. For additional information on the teaching guide, competence achievement,
and methododogy, please visit this webpage: https://www.ull.es/apps/guias/guias/view_guide/33782/.
Supplementary note: students should check the English Department’s' Announcement
for Lectures” for a list of lectures given by visiting scholars concerning this field of study.
click here for my